Delta introduced Delta Comfort+ in March 2015 as the airline’s industry-leading extra legroom product experience that offers Sky Priority boarding with dedicated overhead bin space, complimentary premium beverages and snacks on flights over 250 miles and sleep kits on long-haul international flights.
Since then, the popularity of Delta Comfort+ has surged and Delta has continued to increase the number of Delta Comfort+ seats to all mainline aircraft. Earlier this year, the airline also expanded the product to CRJ-200 aircraft.
Aligning with Delta’s focus on improving choice for customers and enhancing the on-board experience, the airline is now continuing to expand Delta Comfort+ on some of its regional aircraft, adding more Delta Comfort+ seats on its E-175, E-170, CRJ-900 and CRJ-700 aircraft.
The additional Delta Comfort+ seats are currently on sale on E-175 and CRJ-900 aircraft for flights scheduled May 29, 2017, and beyond, and on sale for E-170 and CRJ-700 aircraft for flights scheduled June 15, 2017, and beyond.
“Customers have told us that they value having a choice in their onboard experience,” said Tim Mapes, Delta’s Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer. “Expanding Delta Comfort+ to more of our regional aircraft is one of the many ways Delta is making one of our most popular products available to more people, more often.”
In the last two years Delta Comfort+ capacity, including mainline and regional, has grown 17 percent. It is offered on nearly all single-cabin and two-cabin Delta Connection aircraft.
This enhancement is part of the airline’s multi-billion dollar investment in the customer experience that includes a cabin modernization program featuring new seats, seatback entertainment systems with free entertainment, high-capacity overhead bins, access to Wi-Fi on nearly all flights, free Main Cabin meals on select flights, upgraded free Main Cabin snacks, chef-curated meals in Delta One, a seasonal wine program, an Alessi-designed collection of serviceware in Delta One and First Class, and more.
- 5 Money-Saving Hacks for Business Travel
- Delta and Microsoft launch innovative space for guests in Sea-Tac Delta Sky Club
- United Airlines Strengthens Commitment to Houston with Nonstop Service Between Houston and Sydney
- Air Canada To Launch New International Boeing 787 Dreamliner Routes from Vancouver
- WestJet makes Flex even more flexible
- American Airlines launches new baggage alerts to help customers save time
- Hotel Cancellation Policy Changes
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Additional Screening Measures
- Streamlining International Connections For Passengers At O'Hare International Airport
- Forest Fires affecting British Columbia